The clutch is an essential part of your car, although it's not always easy to know when it needs changing.
The clutch plates inside your car are kept together by springs; when the clutch pedal is pressed, they
separate, enabling the gears to be changed.
This regular, repetitive action eventually wears down the clutch until it needs to be replaced.
Signs That You Need a New Clutch
- The engine revs climb but there is little increase in vehicle speed
- The engine revs climb or fall of their own accord
- The clutch 'slips' or there is a complete loss of drive
- You have difficulty changing gears
- There is a grinding noise when you change gears
If you're still not sure whether you need a new clutch, pop into G Force Tyres and our
technicians can tell you if your clutch needs replacing.